Jason Kilar, CEO of Hulu, was the opening presenter at Ad Age Digital Conference in New York on Tuesday. Jason provided Hulu’s 6 predictions for the future of interactive TV. (Apologies to Jason, as I may not have captured the predictions as eloquently as they were shared.)
- TV will be more personalized.
- Comprehensive content will be available. (Ex: all sporting events, all shows—past and current, historic events. Basically all content will be available on demand.)
- TV experiences will thrive with life (real social interactions, not one-to-many, as it is today).
- Unusually convenient (watch what you want, when you want, on any device).
- Formats will meet the context.
- Advertising opportunities with be relevant, and higher value.
These predictions can, I believe, be expanded to all marketing efforts in the not-too-distant future.
Do you agree?
- Personalization: Consumers will continue to choose how, when and what they want to consume, including marketing content.
- Comprehensive: Marketing content will become part of the expanding ecosystem of historic, education, and entertainment content.
- “Thrive with Life”: Marketing will be shared experiences, not pushed content. Consumers will expect to engage, interact and be delighted by brands and marketing efforts.
- Convenient: Just like personalization, consumers will ultimately choose when, where and how they consume marketing.
- Formats: The possibilities are endless, and exciting.
And of course, as engagement, personalization and targeting improves, so will advertising’s relevance, regardless of medium.